Friday, June 18, 2010

Interview with Aruna



Tell us more about your character Neera Singh
Neera is evolving throughout the story. At the beginning she's a young innocent, naive girl who has recently got married and is besotted by her husband. As she discovers he is cheating on her, her world is shattered and her journey of self-discovery begins. Her ideals and life philosophy are challenged throughout. She eventually has her own affair, later she allows herself to be a muse and painted naked ...and in doing grows in confidence, her body language changes and she becomes more extroverted. She blossoms into an independent woman who can take on the world.
Do you relate to a character like Neera?
I related to Neera on many levels going back to when I was an insecure teenager, remembering and transferring those experiences in my own life which changed me. Remembering my behaviour and thought processes when I had been hurt in relationships. I often used subtle physicality to express her feelings
Working in hindi language must have been difficult.
Yes it was. The words are not important to me... it is the feelings behind the words which count. But in order to allow emotions to flow you can't be fishing for lines as it takes you out of the moment...so I had a HUGE task making sure I knew lines extremely well.
How was it working with an intense actor like Prashant Narayanan.
Prashant has a great personality, he's always laughing and happy and his positive energy is infectious. He is a great laugh, is down to earth and loads of fun. I will always remember on our last day we went driving in the Welsh countryside with the roof down at night. We took it in turns to stand up and scream Hindi words. Usually the ones I stuffed up on.
CHECK OUT: Aruna Shields goes nude
What has been your experience working in Bollywood so far?
What I love about Bollywood is it's energy and life. Mumbai has an strangely addictive quality and even though you're hot and bothered when you're there....when you leave you miss it's craziness. Everywhere you look there is a mini drama going on which is intriguing to watch. I have friends who have emigrated from England to Mumbai and when they come back to the UK they feel like they are entering utopia, everything runs smoother, however after a couple of weeks they get fidgety and bored.
My understanding of Bollywood is that it is The Matrix... a complex mystery, I have no idea why things happen the way they do and everything runs at a much faster pace. Everything is constantly changing...including scripts!!! I think I learnt 9 versions of PRINCE, last minute. I try to look on the bright side...it's good for the mind. Also I'm too busy learning lines so it keeps me out of trouble.
Any plans of making Mumbai your base?
I'm so proud to have had the opportunity to work in the incredible world of Bollywood cinema, and at such a high level. Depending on the scripts I will continue to consider work offers from India. Even so, I'm not a Bollywood actor but an international actor and would like to remain so. This means I have management in different countries (England, America, France and India) Regarding shifting base to one place, this is difficult because of the nature of my work. I'm a bit like a gypsy and travel all over. Maybe I will settle one day, I'll go with the flow and see what happens.
What are the other projects you are working on?
It's exciting times and I have the starring lead in studio feature film called AO THE LAST NEANDERTHAL releasing in September. It's a gritty beauty and the beast love story based 30,000 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to aruna shields blog.
You will find everything you want about aruna shields